I have had a rough 2016. I cannot blame it entirely on the devil or say that evil schemes were set upon me. Maybe most of these tests were hurdles I had to jump so that I could have a test of faith just as Tozer says….
My 2016 was hopeless, there were fears of the known and the unknown. Questions kept running in my brain; What if my life is going in circles? What if this good thing is short-lived? What if am being used as a test subject? What if I deserve no good thing? What if I am the black sheep? What if am being punished for my sin? What if I heard what they continually say? ‘Someone’s playing rough on you?’
I remember clearly setting my 2015 resolutions; I had a brand new job and I neatly outlined the exploits I were to undertake in 2016. I was a strong believer and I knew that my path was shining like the light of dawn because his word was my fortress. I knew that all I needed to do was cast my burdens unto Him for He cares. Well, I had heard much of prosperity gospel in 2015 that I knew that 2016 was going to be my year. 2016 came with its challenges, challenges that beat me up and toppled me to the ground. I almost lost hope in my faith and my life but God never let me go, for a reason, I found myself back to His fold. I found myself serving like never before; writing numerous posts, talking to people who thought they had lost it all and doing more in evangelism through social media. (Check my Facebook and Instagram pages)
Was I on this crucible and furnace that God talks about in Proverbs 27:21? Was I being tested so that God can use me deeply? Did I look down upon myself because God was searching my heart? Was I about to lose my faith because of these trials or tribulations? I met someone who told me to think about this scenario, ‘A young kid wouldn’t understand why his father will let the doctor inject him. Why would dad be so mean? That he lets the doctor take his needle and dig it in his butt? And what is running in the dad’s mind? Isn’t it the thought that his kid will be better? That after medication his kid will be well again?’ This same thing happens with God, he wouldn’t let some relationships ruin us that’s why He cuts them off, He wouldn’t let some items to take the best of us and that’s why we lose them and in this we think that God is mean just like the kid who sees the doctor pull his needle but his dad does nothing. Read John 15, the True Vine who cuts off branches that do not bear fruit in us.
Through this I learnt to count my blessings and I realized I was so much blessed though things never worked out my way. I became even a stronger believer and I was more at peace than when I thought I had it all. So then, does the gloom of my 2016 stop me from making resolutions for my 2017? Because I accomplished only 37% of my last year’s resolutions, do I just despair from making new ones in 2017? Even though I may only achieve 1%? Do I stop walking because I hurt my toe? My mom sent me this text on WhatsApp on December 29th and I thought I should share. It is a template for Personal Development Plans (PDPs). I think you should fill it, make a resolution and work towards it, even though you may not achieve it, you will learn a lot in the process.
P.S: My new year’s resolution for the Silomasays ministry is to write at least 52 articles (an article a week), create 365 inspirational graphics, 50 inspired snippets and 365 poems (a poem a day of which all will are sent on the Silomasays WhatsApp broadcast list, you can write to me I add you if you are interested +254722 244 844)
I really thank God for the 103 poems (a poem every 3 days), 53 articles (an article every week) and 106 inspirational graphics (started September 1st 2016). All is for His Glory. Please find this PDP for 2017.
What is Your *PDP* for 2017?
Your *PDP* is Your *Personal Development Plans*.
Your *PDP* must be a *Detailed, Well-Structured, Articulated and Written Plan* that will demand your *loyalty and commitment*.
Your *PDP Guide* must include the following:
1. *Building Spiritual Capacity* (Moving from Just *Relationship* to Quality *Fellowship* with Your *God*)
2. *Inspirational And Motivational Books* to *Read* in 2017 (weekly, monthly or quarterly)
3. *Professional And Career Development* Seminars, Conferences or Workshops to attend. (either *Paid or Free*)
4. *Mentors and Coaches* you must *connect* with in 2017, that will *add great value* to your life and work.
5. *Relevant/Additional Skills* to *Develop* or *Sharpen* to enhance your ability to *SERVE* people and *EARN* more.
6. *Events, Places, Cities And Nations* To *Visit* for personal *relaxation, receation and education*.
7. *Networks or Associations* to join, that will serve as *leverages* for *opportunities* and *connections* (online or offline)
8. What *Products or/and Services* will you be creating in 2017 to multiply *IMPACT* and increase *INCOME*.
9. *Negative Relationships or Friendships* to cut off (that *drains personal energy*)
10. *Wise and Intelligent Investments* to *undertake* in 2017.
11. *Negative Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours* to *confront* and *conquer*.
12. *Positive Habits, Attitudes and Behaviours* to *cultivate* in 2017.
Let Your *Plans* Begin Now!!!
* Most of you guys were asking about a WhatsApp group where you will get to interact, share responses, ideas, topics you would want me to write about and majorly centralized inspirational content. Kindly do tell me your thoughts on this on +254 722 244 844 or on the comment section below.